Friday, October 16, 2009

Long time since I posted anything

But a lot has happened and there is finally things to say. Scott and I went out to eat middle of last month, right after my birthday as I was ordering he said he needed to go to the hospital. We were in the truck so lucky him got to drive there. Got there and told the nurse he is having chest pains which in a normal town means get the person back there NOW! Not our hospital, 15 mins later I told the nurse that if he falls over dead or gets worse I would be including her in the lawsuit. She got the idea.This was at 7PM and at 2 AM they were getting ready to move him to a regular room, so I went home. Next morning I call and they tell me he's in ICU and the nurse there knows nothing. Ok I did fall a part right there and don't remember much of what happened but I got a ride from friends to the hospital. Still falling a part I got to his room and there he is sitting up EATING! This was the only ropen room they had. Ok, I got it together fast and ate his jello (It was green). He wasw there for the next 4 days and I learned a lot about people during those days.

Learned I have friends; the ones that dropped everything to get me there, and the people who drove a ways to come and help me feed the rabbits and all. Thank you all, for the help.

A week later a friend who has a Yahoo Group on living a more simple life hosted a Gathering for group members at our home. We had a nice turn out of Florida people and it was a fun day. There was a HUGE pot luck lunch - so much wonderful food. And then there were demos on differt things, I did soap making, another did laundry soap, another spinning, and a demo on making No Knead Bread (which we had with the lunch too). Mark, the hostess's hubby did so much to get ready; he mowed and weed wacked, did all the little things and then he man'ed and did a lemon marinate chicken, smoked sausages and eggplant with moz cheese. Mark and Elaine came early and stayed thru and made sure everything was back in order AND he fixed the electric in the bunny barn so we have lights again!

Since then we have torn a part the bunny barn, made new cages and got it back together, put in the fall/winter garden which is very small this time and set up so I can care for it myself.

And I learned what real friends are and that they are beyond value. I learned that I am truly in love and it's like nothing I have ever felt before and is both scary and fantastic. Better than winning the lottery which I want to do too.

So now it's getting close to Yule and I am behind with gift making. Lucky for me there aren't a whole lot to make and they are small. I should be done with extra time

-------------------------------------------------------------
On a weird note, I want to carve a pumpkin this year. I haven't since the kids were young and that was some time ago. Yet this year I want to made an old time one, none of this fancy stuff they are doing now a days. I want a nice happy face. Old age making me young again?

Almost forgot, all the needlepoint kids found new homes and I hope they are enjoying them.

Thanks to; Kathryn & Curtis, Lee, Chris and Brian for getting me thru the last month.

Thanks to Elaine and Mark for saving me with making sure things looked nice at the Gathering.

Thanks to Scott for filling my life with happiness, his love, all his support, putting up with all my BS. I love you just isn't enough, but I do love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment